Thank you to Thomas at: http://astrangertoheavenandearth.com/ for nominating mypenandme for this award.
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Post the award image to your page
- Tell seven things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 other bloggers and let them know
7 things about me are:
1. I had three hours’ sleep last night. I meant to have a nap sometime during the day but the day slipped by and then the evening did as well. Now it is 12:31 a.m.
2. I went to the bank and the grocery store very early this morning because we were expecting rain. I wish I had brought my camera. All of a sudden out of the blue there were more than a hundred pigeons that had gathered all around me and everyone else at the bus stop. One had a pure white head, very unusual eyes and walked as if it were a celebrity among the others. It looked almost like a ghost pigeon, an alien pigeon–something out of a movie. The rest of its coloring looked like all the other pigeons, similar to the ones that I posted last weekend. From now on, I will always take my camera to that particular grocery store.
3. It ended up being a very dark day with rain falling late in the afternoon. I made a pot of soup from scratch as I do every weekend. This week I used simmering steak, carrots, celery, cabbage, green beans, onions, kidney beans, red beets, spinach, potatoes, zucchini, fresh garlic, tomato sauce, parsley, Italian spices, basil, seasoning salt and black pepper. I just had a bowl a few minutes ago and the flavor was wonderful.
4. I talked to Rusky in Australia a short while ago. He is organizing a collab involving several poets and invited me to participate. I will look forward to that.
5. I was looking at some poetry that I wrote about a year or so ago. I was writing so much better then or maybe it was just a combination of anger and heartbreak doing the writing–not me at all. Maybe I just had something to say then…or maybe my screenwriting has caused me to write with a different perspective. I don’t know…
6. As it nears December, I’m going to go downtown and take photographs of the holiday-dressed windows at our major department stores. I’ll post them here when I do.
7. I suppose I ought to get back to my screenplay now, or at least back to thinking about it. It’s a completely different screenplay than it was a few months prior. I have this stack of newspaper articles that I have to go through–all articles that gave me ideas that I wanted to return to later–ideas that I could perhaps implement somehow. I have to do that yet, and finish Steven Smith’s book. I’m only halfway through it–a good book, though. His first run was only thirty copies. That in itself makes me want to read it.
My nominees are:
Have a good night everyone. Thanks for your delightful blogs. I am enjoying all of the blogs that I am subscribed to.
With best regards,