Thank you to Joelle Jean-Baptiste (JoelleWrites) at: http://joellewrites.wordpress.com/ for nominating mypenandme for this award.
The suggested guidlelines for this award are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Post the award image to your page
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers you admire, and let them know about the nomination
7 facts about me:
1. I’m doing a theme on monarch migration with my nursery school class and my school age program. Today I showed the nursery school children this delightful video by Lucas Miller:
2. One of the six books that I am currently reading is entitled, THINKERTOYS – a handbook of creative-thinking techniques by Michael Michalko.
3. One of the hundreds of ideas mentioned in this book is to change your regular habits for a day, a week, a month, or whatever. A few of the examples are: Take a different route to work, listen to a different radio station, read a different newspaper, change your reading habits, take a bath instead of a shower, etc. So…today, instead of reading in front of the computer monitor or on a sofa in the living room, I put a chair in the middle of the kitchen and read there. The lighting was terrific, I stayed more alert and I read way more in one sitting than I normally would with no distractions. It was wonderful.
4. I told someone today, “I don’t know why I keep forgetting your name. You have the same first name as my favourite artist and one of my favourite writers.” He smiled.
5. I have added more screenwriting links to my blogroll.
6. Three of my favourite quotes are:
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” – Pablo Picasso
“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader.” – George Moore
“Why do writers write? Because it isn’t there.” – Thomas Berger
7. This isn’t about me, but Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and readers in the United States.
Now…I’m afraid that I do not have 15 nominees, but the links that I’m about to share with you, I’ve really enjoyed. In some cases the links will take you to a particular article that I was reading when I clicked on, follow.
I am pretty certain that some of the above sites/blogs do not participate in awards, but some might. At any rate I wanted to share these with you.
Thanks for taking the time to read. I now have to print out and cut out a bunch of monarch butterflies to take to work with me, tomorrow. I also have to crazy glue a toy camera back together. Lol. It’s 1:00 a.m. I had better hurry it up.
With best regards,
Mary Ann – mypenandme