Tell Me About Yourself Award
Today, jmmcdowell at: http://jmmcdowell.com/ presented me with the “Tell Me About Yourself Award. Jmmcdowell is an archaeologist who also writes novels. I encourage you all to visit her blog.
This award appeals to me because it is a wonderful way to discover new blogs and to gain new readers. It also gives me the opportunity to share a few things about myself that my readers and readers-to-be may not know.
There are only a few simple rules:
1. Thank the person that nominated you (hello) and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Tell the world 7 things about yourself that you have not yet shared.
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and let them know.
Seven things about me…
1. My primary goal is to become a successful screenwriter.
2. I have a Music Myspace Page at www.myspace.com/maryannblinkhorn where you can listen to some original songs that I wrote a few years ago. I am not singing. I wrote the music and lyrics and hired the singers.
3. I love writing free-style poetry. I do it for self-expression, and I do it for the love of it.
4. The blogs on WordPress that interest me the most, are centered around the following topics: screenwriting tips, writing tips, writing and poetry, photography–industrial, nature, black and white, art, quotes, films and filmmaking, recipes, music and haikus.
5. Rather than having favorite colors, I have favorite color combinations–purple and green, yellow and gray, and so on…
6. I hate wearing hats in the wintertime.
7. My morning coffee is a must.
Here are the seven blogs that I am nominating. Please stop by and visit them.
Ferdinand Morvay’s blog at: http://padroitly.wordpress.com/
Rich’s bog at: http://brainsnorts.wordpress.com/
Dean J. Baker’s Blog at: http://deanjbaker.wordpress.com/
free penny press at: http://freepennypress.wordpress.com/
Eat My Haiku at: http://eatmyhaiku.wordpress.com/
Julie Catherine’s blog at: http://juliecatherinevigna.wordpress.com/
Meeka’s Mind at: http://acflory.wordpress.com/
If you seven nominees choose to accept this award…please copy and paste the award icon to your blogs and follow through with the rest of the instructions above.
There are many more that I would like to add to the above list, for I visit many wonderful blogs, often. For links to some of my favorite writing and screenwriting-related sites and blogs, please visit my Blogroll.
Well, I guess that’s it for now.
Mary Ann Blinkhorn (Mypenandme)
Congrats n this unique award Mary Ann! I am curious – will Dean respond? I have to check out most of the other ones. So thank you for the new, interesing blogs! As for the music, you are singing duet in the background for Ghandi, non? And… I hate wearing hats in the winter too! Mittens, yes, hats, no!
I don’t know, but I do know that he has books to sell, so perhaps he might–to put in a plug for them. As for the song, yes. I am singing back ups in that one–me with Vivian Clement. Our voices sound a lot alike there. I wrote the song when I was a teenager. After the 911 tragedy, I revised the lyrics and took it to the recording studio. I wanted to keep it a simple message, in support of peace. I wear ear muffs in the winter time. Similar to wearing headphones. Once I couldn’t find my ear muffs for a couple of days. I thought that to be odd because I knew that I had worn them home. When I went to play my piano–there they were, beside my headphones. They looked similar. I laughed. Bye for now. Do check out these wonderful sites. M.A.
i can’t nominate others because i have issues about that, but i’m very happy that you think of me in such a positive way. we often get so little attention in life, that even something like this really is a big deal to me. thanks again.
Thanks for your kind reply. I’ll leave your name up so that maybe it will bring you some new readers. 🙂
Congratulations on your award.
Thanks. I think these awards are a wonderful way to lead us to new blogs that we might not have visited otherwise. There is so much talent on WordPress.
I notice some bloggers don’t accept the awards. They’re new to me, but it does look like a good way to introduce other blogs.
I think that some bloggers do not accept awards because of two main reasons–I’m sure there are more:
1. They do not want to hurt the feelings of those that they did not choose.
2. It is a bit time-consuming to follow through with the requirements and some people are much busier than others.
Congrats on your award & THANK YOU for mine 🙂
I will make time to do a post and recognize others as well..
Thank you so kindly!
Thank you for your wonderful blog. I enjoy visiting.
I enjoyed your recommendations! For those bloggers who prefer not to get awards, I will sometimes do a “special mention” after the awardees. Like you, if I really enjoy someone’s blog, I like to let readers know about it.
Keep up the good work!
I enjoyed your recommendations, too and I’m now following a few of those blogs. A “special mention” is a wonderful idea. Thank you again for the nomination. 🙂
Congrats on your award!
Thank you, Stefan! Your photographs are stunning!
congrats, I’m enjoying your confessional poetry here as well
Thank you for the lovely compliment. Some of my favorite poets have been described as writing confessional poetry. I took a look at your work. I’ll be back soon to read more. Best regards. M.A.
congrats on the reward and thank you for liking pele papers. best wishes with your screen writing. 🙂
Thanks for your kind wishes. 🙂
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope the posts are useful. I like yours too!
The glint of light on broken glass… Exceptional advice! 🙂